In a nutshell:
- In Joshua chapter 1, God told Joshua how to be strong and courageous, and how to be successful.
- In God’s final exhortation, He said to Joshua, “You are going to make yourself successful, by reading the Bible and meditating on it.”
- One of the literal translations for the word “mediate” is the word “growl.”
- When God is talking about meditating, he isn’t talking about humming to yourself. He’s talking about taking the Bible and using it to declare who God says you are, and building new neural pathways in your brain.
- Neural pathways are pathways in our mind that happen through repeated thinking. As you think the same thought over and over, you build wider and wider highways in your mind.
- To be transformed, you have to think what God is thinking about you.
- As you continue saying no to fear and yes to God’s ideas, you’re building muscles in the Spirit and new neural pathways in your mind.
I’m here to tell you, it may not be today but hopefully one day soon you will catch vision of God moving mightily among us right now. At some point, you will be thanking God that you were alive during one of the most prolific moments in history as nations will be guided to God’s light.
If you are struggling to see a clear path forward in this season, I encourage you to check out a new series I created: The Way Forward Podcast Series. Listen to my hand-selected sermons for prophetic insight that will transform your perspective and renew your mind with God’s thoughts and ways. I pray it empowers you to walk with boldness and a renewed confidence in God. Start listening to The Way Forward Series here.